Bush 2 Beach Safari
If you can’t decide whether you should spend your next holiday viewing the prolific wildlife of Africa, scaling the continent’s highest mountain or relaxing on the palm fringed shores of the Indian Ocean, then this is your quintessential Tanzanian safari destination option.
15-Day Bush 2 Beach Safari Itinerary
FB = Breakfast, BB = Bed & Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, HB = Half Board
Day 1 – Arusha, one night in Arusha Coffee Lodge. BBUpon arrival at the Kilimanjaro International Airport, you are transferred to Arusha Coffee Lodge, where you can relax after the long flight.
Day 2 – Tarangire National Park. 1 night, Tarangire Tree Tops. FBTake a safari south to the gently rolling countryside of the Tarangire National Park. You’ll arrive at Tree Tops in time for lunch. Enjoy a comprehensive game drive before returning to the lodge for dinner.
Day 3 – Tarangire National Park. 1 night, Tarangire Tree Tops. FBThere’s a whole day for to enjoy Tanzania’s third largest game park, famed for its plentiful elephant population amongst the many other resident species.
Day 4 – Ngorongoro Conservation. 1 night, Ngorongoro Serena Lodge. FBAfter breakfast, a drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area will get you there in time for lunch. Freshen up at the lodge before taking it easy or exploring this “eighth wonder of the world”. You’ll visit a nearby Masai village in the afternoon before heading back for an evening meal and overnight.
Day 5 – Ngorongoro Conservation. 1 night, Ngorongoro Serena Lodge. FBIt’s an early start but you’ll treasure every moment as you descend into the famous Ngorongoro Crater. You’ll enjoy superb game viewing and a half-day crater tour before heading back for lunch. Spend your afternoon at your leisure then enjoy dinner in the wilderness and another night in this lost world.
Day 6, 7, 8 – Serengeti National Park. 3 nights, Migration Camp. FIA morning game drive transfer takes you to the Lake Manyara airstrip from which you’ll fly to the Serengeti National Park. You’ll be met by a Migration Camp representative to transfer you to the property on the banks of the Grumeti River. From its location on the side of an impressive kopje known as Poacher’s Lookout, you’ll enjoy broad views over the undulating Serengeti hills and beyond to the plains of the Maasai Mara.
Wildlife movement is at its greatest July through November when the herds of wildebeest bring with them lion, leopard and cheetah. Safari activities focus on game drives and guided game walks in the bush around the camp.
NOTE: Because of the seasonal nature of animal migration, Migration Camp will sometimes be replaced by a suitable alternative.
Day 9 to 14 – Zanzibar East Coast. 6 nights, Breezes Beach Club. HBPrepare for a transfer to paradise after your repast. Upon arriving in Zanzibar you’ll be met and transferred to the Breezes Beach Resort, situated along pristine sands stretching as far as the eye can see. Relaxation is the only rule, unless the crystal clear waters prove too irresistible – if so, there’s some of the world’s best sailing, diving and snorkelling.
Day 15 – DepartureWe’ll drag … sorry, transfer you to Zanzibar Airport to meet your flight home.
- Accommodation as mentioned.
- All Parks entrance fees.
- Game drives with an English speaking Driver/Guide in private 4×4 vehicle for the Tarangire, Ngorongoro sectors.
- Activities provided by Camp at Migration Camp.
- Bed and breakfast basis at Arusha Coffee Lodge.
- Half board at Breezes Beach Club.
- Full board basis Tarangire Treetops, Ngorongoro Serena Lodge and Migration Camp.
- Local drinks at Tarangire Treetops and Migration Camp.
- Bottled water in the vehicle during the safari tour.
- Laundry at Tarangire Treetops and Migration Camp.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance.
- Scheduled domestic flights as mentioned.
- Airport transfers.
- International airfares.
- Health and medical insurance.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Departure taxes out of Zanzibar, USD $6 per person on domestic flights & USD $30 per person on international flights (payable at the time of check-in at Zanzibar Airport).
- Visas (currently USD $50 per person all nationalities, except US and Irish nationals USD $100 per person).